The International Construction Law Association is pleased to announce the establishment of the ICLA Essay Competition in International and Comparative Construction Law to be adjudicated by a distinguished panel of specialists in international and comparative construction law.
Prize -The winner will receive:
- • € 1,500;
- • an invitation to attend the next ICLA conference to present the paper,
- • including economy travel and hotel accommodations;
- • membership for one year in the ICLA;and
- • support in submission to a leading academic journal.
Eligibility -The competition is open to students enrolled in a university law degree and to those who, within the last three years, have received a law degree or were admitted to practice.
Submission Requirements - Submissions:
- • must relate to issues in international and comparative construction law;
- • must be original and unpublished works (ie, not yet submitted for publication) concerning issues in international and comparative construction law;
- • should not exceed 10,000 words (including footnotes);
- • must be written in English;
- • should use OSCOLA, Bluebook or some other well-established legal citation guide;
- • must be in MS Word format.
Deadline - Submissions must be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23:59 CET, 31 May 2021 together with the author’s statement affirming eligibility for the competition, originality of the work, and the unpublished status of the paper.
The deadline for submissions will not be modified for reasons associated with the pandemic. Should an in-person conference not be held in 2021, the winner will be given an opportunity to attend the next in-person Conference.
Judges - The submissions will be judged by a panel of ICLA board members.