|Personal Details||Born 1978; married with two children|
• Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London, U.K. (2001) (Sir Thomas More Scholar)
• LL.M. University College London (2000)
• LL.B. (Hons.) University of Lancaster (1999)
|Qualifications and Past Experience||
• ACIArb (Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K.) (2017)
• Enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal, India (2005)
• Called to the English Bar by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London, U.K. (2001)
Rajdeep advises and represents owners, contractors, consultants, insurers, operators, suppliers, lenders, and offtakers in disputes arising in a range of industries, including oil and gas, power, mining, commodities, shipbuilding, transportation, and trade.
Rajdeep appears in all High Courts in India, the Supreme Court of India, statutory tribunals, and arbitrations governed by the (Indian) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and all the main rules, including those of the SIAC, HKIAC, ICC, LCIA, and UNCITRAL.
Rajdeep acts as an independent arbitrator and has been admitted as Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
|Current Occupation||Partner, Archeus Law|
Advisory & Claims
Investigations & White-Collar
|Current Matters||Representing a contractor in an arbitration arising out of a road construction project; representing a solar power developer in a civil litigation arising out of solar power project development agreement.|
• Another Positive Development in the Enforcement of Foreign Awards in India, LinkedIn, 25 May 2020, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/another-positive-development-enforcement-foreign-awards-choudhury/
• Coronavirus: The Fallacy of Forcing Force Majeure, Bar & Bench, 17 March 2020, https://www.barandbench.com/columns/coronavirus-the-fallacy-of-forcing-force-majeure
• You Break It; I Buy It. The Curious Case of Knock-for-Knock Indemnity, OGEL 1 (2018), www.ogel.org/article.asp?key=3730
• Enforceability of Take-or-Pay Provision in Offtake Agreements Post Cavendish, OGEL, 4 (2017), https://www.ogel.org/article.asp?key=3757