Sheffield University (BSc Biology (2:1); MA Biotechnological Law and Ethics (Distinction)
BPP Law School PgDL Diploma (Merit), LPC Diploma (Distinction)
|Qualifications and Past Experience||Solicitor, England and Wales|
|Current Occupation||Partner and head of the construction and infrastructure practice at Jones Day in London|
|Expertise||James represents contractors, owners, developers, and consultants in public and private projects, particularly in the energy, power, major infrastructure, and commercial development sectors. As well as acting in a project advisory and dispute avoidance capacity, he has experience in all major forms of dispute resolution, including contractual and statutory adjudication, domestic and international arbitration, expert determination, mediation, and High Court and Appellate Court litigation. He has experience in more than 20 jurisdictions.|
• Nazzini. R et al, Construction Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2021, Informa Law (to be published)
• A Look Beyond the Lockdown.  ICLR 353
• Clarity on Concurrency: Concurrent Delay in Construction Contracts. Presented at the 3rd Annual Global EPC Contract and Risk Management Conference, October 2017.
• Exclusions from Immunity: Gross Negligence and Wilful Misconduct. Society of Construction Law, October 2017.
• Some thoughts on succeeding in EPC projects.  ICLR 36.
• Accessing Foreign Investment Protection for Construction and Engineering Projects.  ICLR 206.
• The Regulation of Misconduct in Adjudication and Arbitration. Society of Construction Law, Paper D188. April 2016.
• Pickavance J. A., Practical Guide to Construction Adjudication. 2016. First Edition. Wiley-Blackwell.
Visiting Fellow and Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Construction Law, Dickson Pool School of Law, Kings College London
Committee Member of the Adjudication Society.